What is a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
What information will www.pcsig.org collect about me?
Information about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit and page views). We collect this information in a way that does not identify anyone.
Information you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register to receive information.
How will www.pcsig.org use the information they collect about me?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, for example:
- To improve the content and design of the website,
- To contact you about a request/enquiry you have made with us,
- To provide you with information you may have requested, for example a newsletter.
By sending us your details you consent and accept that it may be necessary for us to forward these details within our organisation electronically or in other formats.
www.pcsig.org will never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes.